Stars in the Hood™
Space Software Power Tools
to Explore our 3D
Neighborhood of Stars
"I was born too early to get, 'Stars in the NeighborHood,' as a Christmas present. But how very wonderful a present that would have been. Until we can get out there ourselves, 'Stars in the NeighborHood,' will give us a look at our backyard." —Gary Y., Springfield, MO, USA
If you were ever lost amongst the stars, would you be able to find your way back home? Which one of those points of light in that alien, night sky is our sun? With Stars in the NeighborHood™, finding your way home is easy. This space software gives you a unique look at the neighborhood.
Space software download for Windows.
Requirements: 6.35 MB of RAM, 8.75 MB Hard Disk space.
3D views of the NeighborHood since 2001
Free Lifetime Upgrades
For a limited time, only
Hurry! Before the price goes back up!
Includes FREE computer screen Space Posters!
Download right away!
Secure transaction through PayPal
- Two 3D views.
- Close-up "Viewing Cube"
(scaleable). Allows you to move throughout the galactic vicinity, visiting new neighborhoods beyond our own.
- Broad view "Locator Cube" (fixed). Allows you to keep track of where your Viewing Cube is located in the Solar vicinity.
- Alien Sky views. Allows you to see the night skies from every star in this space software.
- Find our sun in their night skies. Allows you to keep track of where home stands in those alien, night skies, even when our sun is no longer visible to the naked eye.
- Tag the stars which interest you (seven different colors). Allows you to keep track of the different types of stars important to you.
- Add your own notes to each star. Allows you to attach your thoughts to each star you visit.
- Name a star. Give each star a nickname. Allows you to personalize your star list.
- Sky Map "Distance Viewing Mode" allows you to see at a glance which stars are close and which are very, very far away.
- Over 10,000 neighborhood stars. These are the most important stars to the Solar neighborhood and beyond. These are the ones nearby and the most visible ones.
- Find stars by one or any combination of criteria. Star List query makes it easy to do simple or complex searches. Allows you to manage your star data and to find the ones which interest you most.
- Extensive help files to answer your questions about the software and about the stars.
Artist's painting of a gas giant planet. Background artwork for Saul Bass, Ray Bradbury short film, "Quest" (Pyramid Media, 1984). Copyright 19842011 Carl Martin.
- Calculate the distance between stars. As easily as point-and-click. Catalogs may give the distances from Earth to each star, but this allows you to find the distances between those other stars.
- Packed with details about each star. Allows you to learn more about each star.
- Latest data on extrasolar planets. Allows you to find which of the neighborhood stars are currently known to have planets, and to find them in 3D.
In addition to your space software...
Videos, tutorials and more
Buy Stars in the NeighborHood™ now!
Managed by Tharsis Highlands for Space Software dot Net. Copyright © 19782014 Carl Martin. All World Rights Reserved
"Stars in the NeighborHood" and "Stars in the Hood" are trademarks of Tharsis Highlands.
V I D E O